Skilsaw Corded Circular Saw, Model: 5480-01, 120 V, 13 A, 2.3 hp Power, 50 - 60 Hz, 7-1/4 in Blade, 5/8 in Round Arbor/Shank, 5300 rpm, 1-15/16 in, 2-7/16 in Cutting Depth, 45 deg, 90 deg, Trigger Control, Auxiliary Handle, cULus Listed
The 5480-01 7-1/4-Inch SKILSAW is lighter and more compact than previous models, while providing more power to get the job done quickly. User-friendly features, such as the two-point line of sight and a wider, more stable foot, allow users to get the job done right the first time. With over 80 years of engineering experience, the 5480-01 combines lightweight design with the power and durability you have come to expect from a SKILSAW.
2-point line of sight allows users to cut straighter lines with ease.
Rear lever depth adjustment quickly confirms precise cut depth in material. View larger.
Includes an 18-tooth SKILSAW carbide blade.
Innovative Features and Benefits
- 2-point line of sight increases visibility, allowing users to cut straighter lines with ease
- Safety Lock/Guarded Trigger minimizes accidental starts
- Patented Anti Snag lower guard provides smooth operation for small cut-off pieces
- Rear lever depth adjustment quickly assures accurate cut depth in material
- Durable ball-bearing motor construction increases the life of the saw
- Comes with an 18-tooth carbide blade capable of tackling most projects
- The foot is 20% larger than the previous generation*, guaranteeing more stability and control when making cuts
*compared to model 5400-01
The 5480-01 SKILSAW has a 13-amp motor that supplies the necessary strength for ripping through all varieties of wood, while the 7-1/4-inch 18-tooth carbide blade provides the cutting capacity necessary for tackling a variety of projects, including building decks, fences, sheds, or bunk beds. The 5480 is also 1/2 of a pound lighter than its predecessor (5400-01) and boasts a 20% wider foot for greater stability.
The 5480-01 circular saw possesses many user-friendly features, including a patented Anti Snag lower guard, a professional-grade safety feature that reduces hangups in materials when making narrow cutoffs. A rear depth adjustment lever enables the user to easily adjust the depth of cut, while the trigger safety lock prevents accidental starts. The two-point line of sight allows users to cut straight lines with ease, minimizing mistakes. The 5480-01 SKILSAW's powerful 2.3-horsepower motor provides ample power and the ball-bearing motor construction ensures long tool life.
SKIL Power Tools is a leader in portable electric power tools and accessories that serves the consumer do-it-yourself and professional construction markets. Founded in 1924 with the invention of the SKILSAW Worm Drive, SKIL now delivers a complete line of power tools designed and engineered to help do-it-yourselfers achieve home project success, while providing professionals durable, cost-conscience tools for the jobsite.
What's in the Box
5480-01 SKILSAW, 18-tooth SKILSAW Carbide Blade, and wrench.
- Arbor Size: 5/8" round
- Blade Diameter:7-1/4"
- Blade Size: 7-1/4"
- Certification: cULus
- Cord Length: 6'
- Depth of Cut at 45°: 1-15/16" max cut
- Depth of Cut at 90°: 2-7/16" max cut
- Max. Motor Horsepower: 2.3
- No Load RPM: 5,300
- Power/Duty: 2.3 HP
- Rating: 13 amp
- Voltage: 120V
- Weight: 11.8 lbs